Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 1: MSU Hormonal Fluctuation Research Model

Today marks day 1 of my new 6-week training template. Not until 2 weeks in will I start to lean out for the pending meet in Kirkwood, MO. Shoulders and hip feel pretty good considering last week how much pain I was in.

Nutritionally, I won't be changing much. I have been intaking around 215g of protein daily for a while now between meats, eggs, and my post-workout shake. As far as carbohydrates go, WOD days are around 150-175g, non-WOD days are usually around 75g. Content is way more important to me that quantity of the food I eat.

Today's training is all POWER. Power snatch, Power clean, push-jerks, back squats, and abdominal work. As far as intensity goes, its low. Roughly 60% of my max on the lifts or less. My main focus today is establishing a well orchestrated warm-up to keep my shoulders and hip loose. After that, one lift at a time.

Possibly a reflection post to come. Stay strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment